A Sundance Spa from DFW Hot Tubs is thoughtfully designed to be easy to maintain. Follow these simple steps that take just minutes to maintain clear, clean, and safe water to immerse yourself in all year long.
- Wipe down the water line using a sponge or mildly abrasive scrubbing pad.
- Test and balance the water appropriately
- Use your sanitizer or oxidizer of choice with the jets running leave the cover open for 20 minutes. This may need to be done more often with heavy usage or larger bather load.
- Rinse the filter(s) to remove all debris.
- Clean out larger items that may be left in filter area.
- Rinse off cover, cabinet, and steps as needed.
- Drain hot tub completely and use a shop vac to remove any dirt and water left at the bottom of the tub. Refill tub with fresh water.
- Replace ion cartridges if using.
- Use a jet cleanse before performing the quarterly drain and fill.
- Replace the filter(s).
- Replace the ClearRay UV Bulb if applicable.
Keep it clean
- Consider using a pre-filter if your water source may contain impurities.
- Keep the cover closed when not in use to keep any debris from blowing or falling in.
- Try not track dirt and sand in on your feet when entering the hot tub.
- Consider rinsing off before using the hot tub if you are sweaty or dirty like after mowing the lawn.
If you follow these easy tips to care for the water in your hot tub, you will find that it takes just minutes on average per week to clean and clear water that is ready for you and your guests to enjoy.